Turmeric has over 600 potential health benefits, and even though we would love to discuss all of them with you, we realize that would make a very, very, very long video. So we focused on the top three we have found to be most important for you to know. But before we tell you our top 3 picks, you should know that Turmeric might be the most researched herb out there and it has been linked to:
- Reduce pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Reduces some markers of cardiovascular disease as potently as a statin drug.
- Prevents recurrence of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Enhances clearance of pathological brain plaques in Alzheimer’s disease.
Drum Roll, Please… The Top 3 Healing Properties of Turmeric are:
1) Antioxidant: One of the most remarkable and consistently verified healing properties of turmeric (and its primary polyphenol curcumin) is its antioxidant properties. GreenMedInfo.com has indexed 224 studies proving this connection, which can be viewed here: antioxidant properties of turmeric (curcumin).
2) Anti-Inflammatory: Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, with a wide range of physiological actions, including Cox-2 enzyme inhibition (the same pathway suppressed by NSAID drugs like aspirin and Celebrex) and analgesic (pain-killing) properties. See the research on its anti-inflammatory properties here on GreenMedInfo.com.
3) DNA-Protecting: Turmeric has the well-known capacity to protect the DNA of healthy cells within our body. Cancerous cells, on the other hand, are stimulated to undergo programmed cell death when exposed to its many phytocompounds, particularly curcumin. This ability to intelligently differentiate between protecting the DNA of good cells and activating cell suicide programs within the DNA of bad ones, is known as selective cytotoxicity and is a well-known property of turmeric.
Organic Vs Non-Organic
Something you need to know is the importance of buying only Organic Turmeric and other herbs because conventional herbs, spices and seasonings are approved by the FDA/USDA to be irradiated with what amounts to nuclear waste (cobalt-60) culled from decommissioned reactors. They are exposed to up to 30 Kilograys of gamma radiation, which is a massive dose – the equivalent of 75,000,000 chest x-rays or 4,980 times a human lethal dose! This process produces dangerous radiolytic byproducts, including known carcinogens. To read more about food irradiation and why you MUST buy organic spices read: The Invisible Nuclear Threat Within Non-Organic Food.
Is Turmeric for Everybody?
Turmeric, is an herb that is not for everybody, and that’s why you should introduce it in your life in small amounts first, to see how your body reacts to it. Also it is very important to note that before starting a new dietary plan or introducing something new, you should always consult with your doctor first, especially if you are on prescription drugs.
The two recipes featured on the video to introduce Turmeric in your life are as follows:
1. A wonderful Turmeric and Ginger tea:
– 1 Cup of water
– 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Organic Turmeric Powder
– Half a thumb of Organic Turmeric Roots
– 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Organic Ginger Powder
– Half a thumb of Organic Ginger Roots
– 1/2 Organic Lemon
– 1 stick of Organic Cinnamon
– 1 Tablespoon of Organic Honey
Preparation of the tea:
In a small saucepan bring water to boil, add the Ground Organic Turmeric Powder, Organic Turmeric Roots, Ground Organic Ginger Powder, and the Organic Ginger Roots, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Then put it on a cup and add the Organic Lemon, Organic Honey and the stick of Organic Cinnamon and let it rest for some time until it’s drinkable. You can adjust the final ingredients to your liking, more lemon, less honey, etc… The idea is to have a tea that you love and enjoy to drink everyday. This tea is especially good to drink when you are experiencing a sore throat or to boost your immune system if you are catching a cold.
2. Another way to add the magic of Turmeric in your life is in a special dressing that I use for salads, as a dip for vegetables on to put on nearly anything.
– A Glass Jar with its cap
– 2 tablespoons of Organic Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 tablespoons of Organic Sesame Oil
– 1 tablespoon of Ground Organic Turmeric Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of Organic Raw Coconut Vinegar (this amazing product can be used in place of Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar for everything, I love it). You can also find the 32oz size here: Organic Raw Coconut Vinegar 32oz
– A pinch of Himalayan Salt (This is the only salt you should use in your meals).
– The juice of 1 Organic Lemon
– 2 cloves of Organic Garlic
– A little Piece of Organic Green Pepper
– 1/4 piece of an Organic Avocado
– 1 Tablespoon of Organic Honey
Preparation of the dressing:
Make sure you have a kitchen supply like the Magic Bullet or something similar to mix/blend everything together. I love the magic bullet because its power makes my cooking so much easier. Just blend everything together in the Magic Bullet and store it on your glass jar for at least a week. Make sure the lid is tight and use a separate spoon to pour it over your meals than the one you are using to eat.
These are two of my favorite easy to do recipes to add Turmeric to my daily life. You can also use turmeric as a spice for everything soups, rice, your meats, etc… It has a very distinct flavor and some people react to it, so make sure you start slowly and see how you and your family react to it. Also this amazing healthy spice can stain your clothes and your nails, maybe use gloves when handling it, there is a reason why this spice is used as a food coloring.
Enjoy some Turmeric Love and let me know via Facebook.com/OrganicLifestyleTV or Twitter.com/OrganicLifeTV how it goes for you and your family when you try my recipes. I always love to know how everybody is doing.
#StayHealthy friends – #ATuSalud
About the authors:
Sayer Ji – is an author, researcher, lecturer, and advisory board member of the National Health Federation. He founded Greenmedinfo.com in 2008 in order to provide the world an open access, evidence-based resource supporting natural and integrative modalities. It is widely recognized as the world’s largest and most referenced health resource of its kind, receiving over 1 million visits a month. Participate in a free, online global conference featuring Sayer Ji, and over 30 experts in the field of nutrition and eating psychology, by registering today.
Latest posts by Carla Sánchez-Anderson (see all)
- A Simple Tip That Makes You Shed Extra Pounds! - March 11, 2015
- Healthiest Sugar Free Oatmeal & Coconut Cherry Muffins! - December 27, 2014
- Hemp Milk Christmas Drink! - December 25, 2014
-Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect those of OrganicLifestyleTV.tv and IncurableDiseasesBiz.com, or its staff.
- Advertising Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links for products or services OrganicLifestyleTV has tested, approved and researched herself. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your cost will be the same (or sometimes with a discount % if is advertised as such, or if a special code is offered) and OrganicLifestyleTV will automatically receive a small referral fee. Your support is what keeps us going and active because it helps us fund this blog and we can continue to grow and get this message to more people. Thank you.